Information to familiarize you with your registration process, important terminology and significant deadline dates, and how it all affects you is included here.
Obtain Visa Approval Letter
All international students are required to apply student visa. The visa application should be made in your home country. You are not allowed to go to Malaysia and start your study without a student visa.
- Create an account. As a new user, you have to register to the Education Malaysia Global Services. Make sure you create a new account.
- Fill out application form. You may use the created account to fill out the application form. You need to upload the following documents:
- Passport photo
We recommend that you use a professional photographer service to take the photo. They can provide you with a passport photo in the correct format. You can use the online photo checker to make sure that the photo is acceptable to EMGS.
- Offer Letter
This is the acceptance from UMAM to proof that you have been accepted to study in a specific programme.
Your passport should not be expired less than one year. You are requested to scan the passport showing the identification information pages.
- Academic qualifications
The scanned files of your last academic qualifications and transcripts, including the translation from the sworn translator. You may include also the accreditation certificate of the university issuing your last qualification.
- Health declaration form
You need to download the health declaration form (pre-arrival) and fill it out accordingly.
- Passport photo
- Pay EMGS. Once your application form has been completed and verification has been done. You will be directed to pay the application fees. You can estimate the total fees using the online calculator for application fees. For Indonesia, for example, with minimum health insurance and the I-Kad courier to UMAM, the application fees will be MYR 2,072.60.
- Application process. What you need is just waiting, you may trace the status of the application.
- Obtain approval. Your Electronic Visa Approval Letter (e-VAL) will be issued if the process has been fully completed. The e-VAL can be downloaded from your EMGS account dashboard.
Student visa is not applicable.
Malaysian students having a proper Identification Card (IC) may proceed to step 3.